Happy Holidays

Hi 2M!  I hope you are all enjoying a restful and fun holiday.  The weather sure is warming up.

What have you been doing? Add a comment and let me know.  Next week in Reading we all get a chance to share one holiday moment so you might like to start thinking about what you will share with the grade…

I am also wondering if any mums & dads have found any interesting olden day objects (I hope so 🙂 ).  I searched my dad’s garage and found this…

Do you know what it is? What we use now instead? How old it might be?

I hope you have been reading.  I am reading a book called “A Thousand Splendid Suns”.

You might like to have a look at some of the maths posts on the blog to practice some of the concepts we have learnt so far this year…

Can you spell & read all these words? Oxford_Wordlist

See you soon,

Miss M

4 thoughts on “Happy Holidays

1. Hi 2M. I hope you had a really good holiday. When I was in year 2, I lived on a farm. My Dad used one of these tools when he was fencing. We didn’t call it a hand drill. What other name did it have? Dad used to get callouses on his left hand from holding on to it for a long time while he turned the round handle with his right hand. Best wishes for term four, Irene.

2. Thanks Irene 🙂 . We might have some more questions for you about what things were like when you were young. I bet Poppy used lots of different things than we have now and that school was very different for you.

I wonder if other Mums and Dads can start to think back to how things have changed over time?