Preparing for the Sacrament of Reconciliation

This term many of the children in Year Two will, for the first time, participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  This Sacrament is all about making things right when we have made poor choices.  In the Sacrament we ask for God’s forgiveness.  We have to think about things we have done that have hurt others and be truly sorry for our actions.

To begin with we have talked about what a SACRAMENT is.  This clip helps explain it in simple terms:

Which Sacraments have you already celebrated?  Do you know someone who has celebrated more Sacraments than you – which ones have they celebrated?

8 thoughts on “Preparing for the Sacrament of Reconciliation

1. I liked the part when Jesus healed the girl and I liked the song. Why did you put this on the blog?

2. Dear Miss M

I can’t wait to have our Reconciliation .I hope we have lots of fun?

Love Alex

3. I loved coming in to help 2M on Thursday, I am so impressed by al the fantastic learning that is happening in your class. Keep up the awesome work 2M.
    From Alexandra’s mum.

4. Hi Miss M,
    I can’t wait until Reconciliation. It seems really special, it is exciting. Is it on June the 4th? well so excited.

5. Narelle it was great having you come and help too! We love sharing our learning in 2M. At the start of the year we listed our hopes together. We agreed that we wanted to be great learners having fun. I think that’s what we are doing 🙂

6. I can not wait until our first reconciliation. It will be fun.