Bestovers Update

Look what I have on my bench… photo 1

I think I will try out Jake’s Banana Bread recipe… it didn’t make it into all the books so here’s a copy:

photo 2(1)

It turned out really great:

photo

Has anyone else tried a recipe out of our cookbook?  I would love to hear which recipes work well…

5 thoughts on “Bestovers Update

1. This morning Sam made Miss Morse’s banana cookies……… mmmmmm!
    They were yummy and super easy to make. 🙂

2. Hi 2MS, guess what? Yesterday I made something from the best overs cookbook now that might not seem like such a big deal but I’m the first to admit I’m not much of a cook. Anyway I remembered Sam’s banana cake recipe only had things in it that I knew I always have, so when the bananas started going brown I got brave. So brave that I even made some changes, cut down on the sugar, added honey and choc chips, then instead of a loaf pan (what’s a loaf pan? See I really dont’t cook) used a muffin tin. My big problem then was how long will I cook them and what’s a moderate oven – but Google helped me out there. End result was not too bad, bit of a crispy shell and dark on top so slightly overcooked but we all ate them. Even popped one in Oscar’s lunch today if you want to have a look. Have fun today and see you all after the holidays – Kim

3. The power of Google 🙂 Glad to hear the best over recipe book is coming in handy for people.