Descriptive Writing

Throughout Term Two, we focused on learning writing skills to improve our creative writing.  In particular we explored adjectives, adverbs and similes.  One of our favourite discoveries was the song “Everything at once” by Australian singer Lenka.

I would love to see some drawings to match her lyrics.  You might even try to write another verse (a song innovation 🙂 )

Another fun activity we did, to practice using adjectives and adverbs, was to create a character.  You might like to have another go at this…

Create & Describe a character

We each got to then paint a creature and write a description to match.  I have written a description of a monster.  After you read my description, draw what you think the monster looks like.  Bring in your drawings in to school and we will see who gets the closest…

A Monster Description

4 thoughts on “Descriptive Writing

1. Hi Miss M, that reminds me of when we learnt that song and when we learnt about similes. Love Ava and Gabi

2. It is a lot of fun Ashlee. I have read your fable innovation “The girl who cried snake”. It was very clever 🙂

3. I also love descriptive writing because you get to use lots of adverbs, nouns and adjectives.

From Luca.