This term the Year One and Two students are participating in a Social Emotional Learning (SEL) program which uses Kimochis.
Social and emotional learning is the process through which children and adults acquire the knowledge, attitudes, and skills to:
• Recognize and manage emotions
• Set and achieve positive goals
• Demonstrate care and concern for others
• Establish and maintain positive relationships
• Make responsible decisions
• Handle interpersonal situations effectively
Each Wednesday 2MS and 1C meet together and find out about ways the Kimochis can help us.
Kimochis are stuffed toys with feelings inside. So far we have met three of the Kimochis… Cloud, Bug and Huggtopus.