Over the holidays it is really important that the Year Four students continue to read (and sometimes out loud to an audience would be even better). I would love to see some completed Reading Challenges.
Other things that could be done:
- Quick writes – set the timer and see how much you can write
- Begin to practice joining handwriting
- Write a short narrative – find an interesting picture as a prompt and remember the main elements needed
- Practice all the addition and subtraction strategies we focused on (the YouTube clips are shared in your Maths folder on your drive to refresh your memory
- Practice working out elapsed times
- Grab a supermarket catalogue and practice adding items and making change from $5, $10, $20
- If you have a piggy bank or a coin jar, practice counting money and making the same total using different sets of coins.
- Collect seeds for your Seed Writing Book
- Get a head start on learning your time table facts…
- Be kind!